The Phases of the Moon
The Lunar cycle has eight phases total in its 29.5 day cycle. The primary phases are the four foundational phases which each last a week. They are: New Moon, First Quarter, Full Moon and Third Quarter phases.
The Fine-tuning phases occur within each lunar week lasting approximately 3.5 days. We recommend that you start your new lunar lifestyle with the four foundational phases first. As you advance in your connection in living with the Moon, we recommend you try adding in the Crescent, Gibbous, Disseminating and Balsamic lunar phases to fine tune your intentions, goals and possibilities.
The Eight Lunar Phases and Keywords
- New Moon: New beginnings, fresh start, blank page.
- Crescent Moon: Intention, hopes, and wishes
- First Quarter Moon: Challenges, decisions, action.
- Gibbous Moon: Adjust, refine, edit.
- Full Moon: Signed, sealed, and stamped.
- Disseminating Moon: Gratitude, sharing, enthusiasm.
- Third Quarter Moon: Release, let go, forgive.
- Balsamic Moon: Surrender, rest, recuperate.
Ready to go deeper?
Join us and learn how living in tune with the moon can bring ease and joy to your life.Learn More
Your Lunar Journey Starts Now!
Begin your process of self-discovery and connection to the primordial lunar rhythms. Join our mailing list and receive a free download of our Moondial and we'll also keep you up to date on all the latest lunar happenings.